Sunday 30 September 2007

Taking Care of Your Laptop Battery

My laptop has been a life saver but I have recently come to realise that I have no idea how to look after the battery to

I found the following on the zbattery website and wanted to share it. I hope that it's useful.

How do I extend the life of my laptop
battery?

A batter should last 2-4 years depending on how frequently you use and charge the battery. If you travel a lot and use and charge your battery frequently then you might only get a couple of years at the most out of your laptop battery.

So how can you care for your laptop battery to get the maximum life out of it?
1.) Always use your laptop on a hard surface - Using them in bed or on the sofa can cause them to overheat. Heat is one of the biggest obstacles to battery life longevity. Your laptop computer fan cannot circulate the air properly when your laptop is sitting on soft surface.

2.) Do not keep your laptop battery installed when you use your laptop on AC for an extended period of time - For best results, only charge your battery when you need to charge it, don't leave the laptop battery plugged in all the time.

3.) Use a full charge cycle before recharging
4.) Be careful where you store your laptop - is goes back to the heat issue. Batteries hate heat and your laptop battery will go on strike permenantly if you expose it to too much heat.

2 comments:

Thora Jonsdottir said...

Good advise...thanks ;)

Ministry Sister said...

Yup. I wish that I had known about it along time ago!