Friday 13 July 2007

Being Used by God

Like all other ministerial students I ask myself what my ministry is going to be like, where it is going to be and how God is going to have me work with. Despite the opportunities which I have in my current work, I am acutely aware that God can stop me in my tracks and take me in a direction which I hadn’t been planning so I know that I have be prepared for anything.

Despite that head knowledge, despite my experience working in the mission field on both long and short term trips, I was surprised and elated to read the blog by James Appel, medical director of Béré Adventist Hospital, in Tchad, Africa and more surprised at to see the video they have on google. It’s a little long but its worth viewing to experience the emotional roller coaster the nurses and doctors go through when a lack of electricity nearly causes the death of a small baby. It certainly puts into persepective being ill here in the west and gives pause for thought.

The story also makes me remember that God can and will use us in all sorts of ways, in all kinds of places and in ways we both expect and do not expect.




Carole Williams

No comments: