Sunday 18 July 2010

Reviving Ministry Sister

Ministry Sister was started in back in May 2007. I remember it well. Classmates had been speaking as a group of women and wanted a way of keeping in contact as well as addressing issues that affect women in ministry and women seminarians.

I wasn't at that initial discussion as I didn't live on campus and only spent scant time there (it took 2.5 hours to travel there and 2.5 hours to travel back home so those time was precious indeed).

I was, however, told about the plans and I embraced it because my travelling meant that I was really out of touch with classmates (not just women seminarians), I missed events on campus, and I really wanted to keep in touch and this offered a means of doing that. It even offered me a way of sharing resources that I used for studying, reading lists and conversation.

Three years later and some of my classmates have graduated. Others have travelled back to their home countries on the other side of the world and ministry sister has been sitting dormant behind password protection for the past two years.

In the interim, I have been blogging elsewhere. I have used my other site to say the things that I might not be able to say at church or even to family and friends. I have also used it as a way of making contact with other women in ministry from other denominations. I have enjoyed blogging there but, I think that the time has come to stop blogging anonymously and start addressing some of the issues that arise in this Seventh-day Adventist church that I am a part of.

This blog will therefore arise like phoenix out of the ashes. Instead of acting like some sort of notice board for fellow students, it will instead become a place where I publicly tell the story of my continuing journey of faith, where I address matters of theology and even a place where I share resources that I have found helpful. Over time, ministry sister might become even more than that.

No comments: